Installing Corel Office on a Samba Share

David Scott ds at ganymede.com
Thu Sep 4 01:20:42 GMT 1997

I've got Samba 1.16 running on a Linux box (RedHat 4).  All is well, except
that for some reason I can't install Corel Office 7 on a Samba share.  I've
tried both network install and local install.  They both appear to install,
create directories on the share and then quietly install no files.  I
suspect a permission problem somewhere but I'll be damned if I know what it
is.

The netlogon share appears to have something to do with it.  From the docs,
I can't make out exactly what I'm supposed to do with it.

MS Office goes on without a hitch.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

David Scott
Montreal