Strange printing problem, share on Samba, printer on NT

Neil_Davis at tectonic.co.uk Neil_Davis at tectonic.co.uk
Wed Sep 3 15:05:56 GMT 1997

Hello All,

I've been struggling with this problem for several days now, and I still
have not got it fixed. The setup is as follows:
     Samba Server: Sparc/SunOS 4.1.x /Samba 1.9.16p11
     Client : PC/Nt4.0(sp2)

The samba share holds the Novell Groupwise Email product. Printing is done
via NT machines elsewhere on the network. When one tries to print an Email,
Groupwise claims (without errors) that it has been sent. Unfortunately, it
has not.

When the software is shared from NT, the emails are indeed printed. I have
traced (level 10) the actions on the samba share, but it does not report
any errors. Does anybody have any helpful advice on what to try next?

Thanks in advance

Neil Davis