Suggestion (or perhaps I'm missing something?).

Arcadio A. Sincero Jr. asincero at erols.com
Wed Sep 3 15:01:19 GMT 1997

Hello SAMBA List!,

	I have a suggestion.  Or maybe this functionality is already there and I just
don't know it.  If so, I would appreciate it if you would tell me.

	The permissions specified in the "create mode" option is ORd with 0700 so
that the file created always at least has the executable permission for the
user set.  I suppose it has to be this way so that directories created from
the client can be accessed properly.  But for normal files, I don't see why
this has to be.  So my suggestion is to have SAMBA only OR the permission with
0700 if a directory is being made.  Otherwise, leave it alone.  Or better yet,
have the administrator specify what kind of files s/he wishes to have the
create mode permission ORd with (why limit it to just directories?).

	Or even better still, let the administrator specify what value to OR the
create mode permission with!

Arcadio A. Sincero Jr. a.k.a The TicK -=LpC=-
Undergraduate Computer Science Major/Linux Enthusiast/Competitive Bodybuilder
WWW: http://www.coming.to.a.web.site.near.you.com
e-mail: asincero at erols.com

"Only lamers quote themselves in their .signatures."
                                - Arcadio A. Sincero Jr., 1997