Still haveing problems printing to samba

Quinn P. Coldiron qsamba at up-intrepid.unl.edu
Tue Sep 2 20:29:59 GMT 1997

Thanks all who have responded with suggestions.  I have implemented them,
but still don't get output.  The file just sits in the spool directory and
never prints.  I have checked my log file for samba and have no errors.
Here are the applicable parts of smb.conf:

   guest account = pcguest
   preserve case = yes
   security = user
   domain master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   domain logons = yes
   wins support = yes

; Printer configuration
   printing = bsd
   print command = /usr/bin/lpr -s -r -P %p %s
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes

I have tried not using the printing = bsd and print command statements, but
this doesn't seem to have any effect.

; *******************************************************************
; ********************** Network printer shares *********************
; *******************************************************************

[Technology]
   comment = Technology printer
   guest ok = yes
   path = /tmp/samba-spool
   public = yes
   writeable = no
   printable = yes
;   create mask = 0755

[Marketing2]
   comment = Marketing printer 2
   guest ok = yes
   path = /tmp/samba-spool
   public = yes
   writeable = no
   printable = yes
;   create mask = 0755

My spool directory is open to the world and I have been playing with
different masks, but have them commented out here.

Quinn