Problems with compiler options

Niels Baggesen Niels.Baggesen at uni-c.dk
Mon Sep 1 07:17:10 GMT 1997

On Sat, 30 Aug 1997 Alex Likwintsev <aliq at glasnet.ru> wrote

> It lookes like readdirname() cut off first two characters
> from file names because of the strange behavior of readdir().

This is a known behaviour on Solaris, when linking against the
/usr/lib/libucb.a

Make sure /usr/ucb is not in your search path when you compile
(actuallyu, you should remove it forever, it does only harm, and NEVER
specify -lucb when linking

> I've never had any other C compilers in my SUN box,
> so I couldn't mix *.h files.

Having /usr/ucb before /usr/ccs/bin in your path makes cc do strange
things

/Niels

Niels Baggesen,  UNI-C,  Olof Palmes Alle 38,  DK-8200  Aarhus N,  Denmark
Email: Niels.Baggesen at uni-c.dk  Tel: +45 89 37 66 69  Fax: +45 89 37 66 77