NT Domain logon

Nathan Neulinger nneul at umr.edu
Thu Oct 30 22:26:20 GMT 1997

First, a couple of questions - are encrypted passwords absolutely necessary?

The reason is, NT DOMAIN support in samba is only going to be useful to
me if I can continue to tie the authentication into our central
AFS/Kerberos server.

I have tried to do the setup without doing to encrypted passwords and am
not sure if that is part of the problem or not.

Re step 2 in NTDOMAIN.txt: How exactly does one add this line? I had to
add a line for a user that was in the password file, and then edit the
name. Here is the current setup:

Two machines on same segment, one named INFINITY (the server) the other
is CONSOLE. INFINITY is serving domain/workgroup "AFSDOMAIN".

Here is what is in smbpasswd:
CONSOLE$:0:0D20A4E2B0D8BEC1AAD3B435B51404EE:\
        222B9139F2847B86F75B601845D5A045:blah:/:/bin/bash

Step 6-7 seemed to work ok once I got that entry added to the smbpasswd file.

Step 8 though did not. When I attempt to actually log into the domain it
says something along the lines of "Cannot log you in. Domain not available."

Any ideas?

I sent a copy of the log to samba-bugs.

-- Nathan