NT Domain logins with 1.9.18alpha9

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Thu Oct 30 21:55:02 GMT 1997

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Gerald W. Carter wrote:

> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> >
> > > Now after joining an NT server 4.0 domain, when I try to rejoin the
> > > samba domain I get the message "You already jave a connection to the
> > > domain.  You must disconnect before joining the domain."
> >
> > ah, that's because you must terminate all connections to the samba server
> > and the NT server.
> >
> > you'll need to join a workgroup, which will terminate the connection
> > (hopefully!) to the NT server.
> >
> > then, try doing a connection to the Samba PDC.
>
> Didn't realize I had a share mounted from the Samba PDC.  None from the
> NT server.

we need a detailed trace of an NT server / NT workstation interaction.  i
have a new PSU for my NT server at home: i may try this out and see what
happens.

> After I disconnected, I could rejoin the SAMBA domain :)

damn, i know two people that are be _really_ pissed knowing you managed
that on a SPARC.  one of them's me.

*sigh*.

luke

         environment applies the Laws of Nature to you"               </b>