NT Domain logins with 1.9.18alpha9

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Thu Oct 30 20:46:58 GMT 1997

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Gerald W. Carter wrote:

> After succesfully joining the Samba Controlled Domain using the alpha3
> release, I was unable to logon as a user to this domain.

ok.

> Now after joining an NT server 4.0 domain, when I try to rejoin the
> samba domain I get the message "You already jave a connection to the
> domain.  You must disconnect before joining the domain."

ah, that's because you must terminate all connections to the samba server
and the NT server.

you'll need to join a workgroup, which will terminate the connection
(hopefully!) to the NT server.

then, try doing a connection to the Samba PDC.

> Platform information
>
> Samba 1.9.18alpha9 on Sun Sparc 10 running Solaris 2.5.1
>
> Windows NT 4.0 Workstation client.

hey, solaris.  that's a .... i don't get this.  someone find me a wall to
bash my head against, please.

jerry, do you have Netmonitor available at your site?

luke

         environment applies the Laws of Nature to you"               </b>