MS Index Server and Samba

Oleniczak, Kevin koleni01 at sprintspectrum.com
Tue Oct 28 17:04:42 GMT 1997

Has anyone ever tried to setup a unc share on a Windows NT 4.0 box? This
specific share would be to a unix server running samba. My goal is to
have MS Index Server (currently running on a true Win NT 4.0 box), index
a web site running on the unix box. MS Index Server instructions
indicate that this can be done via a UNC share \\myserver\myshare setup
with a dummy read only account, although their original intentions look
like it was to be from one NT server to another.

I refer to an MS app note for Index Server at:
http://www.microsoft.com/syspro/docs/ixsconf.htm

Thank you for your help,
Kevin Oleniczak