1.9.17p4 - SIGNAL 11 error ??

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Sun Oct 26 13:33:00 GMT 1997

On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, Dieter Rothacker wrote:

> Hi !
>
> 24 hours ago I upgraded my 1.9.17p2 to 1.9.17p4.
> I used the binary RPM package.
> Before the system has been running 100% stable for 3 months.
>
> Now I found that in my log.nmb:

> INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 11 in pid 791 (1.9.17p4)
> Please read the file BUGS.txt in the distribution
> Dumping core in /var/log/samba/corefiles
>
> Although it says so, there is NO file in /var/log/corefiles. Only the
> directory was created.
>
> What does this mean ?

dieter,

can you please kindly increase the debug log level to something large
(10) and see if you can reproduce this?

also, it would help if you could do this:

recompile with -g -g
gdb nmbd 791 (or, nnnn, where nnnn is the pid of the nmbd process)
type continue at the prompt.

when it crashes, do a where and also print some of the variables.

send the output and the section of the log.nmb file leading up to the
crash to samba-bugs, then let me know when that's done, ok?

nmbd is a single process, so if it crashes we need to know about it and
fix it immediately.

regards,

luke

         environment applies the Laws of Nature to you"               </b>