Receiving individual messages

Peter Blake ppb at baloo.tcp.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 17:46:23 GMT 1997

On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, Nick Parker wrote:

> Does anybody know if it's possible to receive Samba list e-mail messages
> individually instead of as the digest? I find it very difficult to sort out
> what's interesting from what isn't when I have to search through the digest.

Hi,

You could export the entire digest and then break it up as follows:

-----------------------------8x-----------------------------
#!/bin/csh
#
# mail digest reformatter
#
set FORMATTER = formail
set BIN_DIR = /usr/local/bin
set path = (/bin $BIN_DIR)
#
if ( -x $BIN_DIR/$FORMATTER ) then
	if ( -e $HOME/tmp/bsdi ) then
		cat $HOME/tmp/bsdi | $FORMATTER -ds >> $HOME/mail/bsdi-users
		rm $HOME/tmp/bsdi
	else
		echo No bsdi-users digest
	endif
	if ( -e $HOME/tmp/samba ) then
		cat $HOME/tmp/samba | $FORMATTER -ds >> $HOME/mail/samba.list
		rm $HOME/tmp/samba
	else
		echo No samba.list digest
	endif
else
	echo $BIN_DIR/$FORMATTER not found
	exit 1
endif
exit 0

formail comes as part of the procmail package.

---
Peter Blake
ppb at hft.co.uk
ppb at baloo.tcp.co.uk