NT Domain logons and clear text passwords

Ake Holmlund holm at informatik.umu.se
Wed Oct 22 18:52:29 GMT 1997

Hi,

I'm very excited about the NT domain logon stuff but I have a question.
Is/will it be possible to use the "normal" Unix password validation for
user logons (we don't want to have two password files)? Smbpasswd is
probably good for machines but we would like to continue using clear text
password and Unix validation for users in the future.

Regards,

Åke Holmlund					Tel:  +46 - 90 786 57 16
Umeå University					Fax:  +46 - 90 786 65 50
Dept of informatics				Email: holm at informatik.umu.se
SE-901 87 Umeå
Sweden