W95 netlogon with profiles on server

Thomas Egrelius egge at canit.se
Wed Oct 22 14:17:44 GMT 1997

Hi!

> The behaviour you're observing is due the the order in which things
> happen.  The user's profile is only downloaded and activated AFTER the
> logon script has executed - so if you run regedit.exe in the logon script,
> it does change the registry, but the changes are overwritten by the user's
> profile when it's downloaded from the server afterwards.
>
> I haven't really spent time trying to find a solution though - the Run and
> RunOnce etc registry entries are also executed too soon it seems so right
> now the only way I could think of to automatically run regedit after the
> profile has been loaded, is to put it in the Startup folder, but I haven't
> tested this.

I tried to put the regedit earlier in the logon-script. The first time it
seemed to work, but after that, no... :(

How should I use the HomeDirectory, SharedProfileList and UserProfiles
keys? When I set sharedprofilelist to point at a file on the server, the
user.dat is put on the server...

--
Mvh Thomas Egrelius
Svenska Canit AB