W95 netlogon with profiles on server

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Oct 22 12:55:48 GMT 1997

Louis Mandelstam wrote:

> > > so if you run regedit.exe in the
> > > logon script, it does change the registry, but the changes are
> > > overwritten by the user's profile when it's downloaded from the
> > > server afterwards.
>
> I'm not following you.
>
> How does the above fact (which I agree with completely) negate my
> description of the order of logon script execution and profile loading?
>
> 1. logon script is executed as specified by remote server
> 2. user profile is loaded fromlocation specified by ProfileImagePath

No.  I'm sorry if I was vague.  You are correct about the order.  The
thing I didn't think was correct was the statement...

> > > so if you run regedit.exe in the
> > > logon script, it does change the registry, but the changes are
> > > overwritten by the user's profile when it's downloaded from the
> > > server afterwards.

I was referring to the specific script that was listed in the original
posting.  The regedit entry that was changed was the ProfileImagePath
which is stored in the HKLM hive.  This is not overwritten by the HKU
hive ( ie. the user profile ).

That's all.  Sorry.

j-
                          Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter