OS/2 Clients missing attribute emulation

Robert.Dahlem at frankfurt.netsurf.de Robert.Dahlem at frankfurt.netsurf.de
Tue Oct 21 15:40:32 GMT 1997

Hello,

I successfully run different customer networks with 30 up to 300
WfW-clients with Samba servers (now 1.9.17p3) under SINIX (this is the
unix from the german company Siemens Nixdorf).

In one of these nets there are also some OS/2 Warp 4 clients running an
application which depends on setting the FAT style "system" and "hidden"
attributes. I have "map system = on" and "map hidden = on" and DOS/WfW
clients can happily set and reset those attributes. The OS/2 clients
however can't set or reset the "system" and "hidden" attributes: they
think they can, but this doesnt produce a result in the unix file system.

I checked it again from my own machine (OS/2 Warp Connect V3) but with the
same result. When the OS/2 clients mount a share from an OS/2 peer, they
also are able to set and reset the attributes, but not on the Samba
shares.

Any hints?

Hasta la vista,
               Robert
Robert.Dahlem at frankfurt.netsurf.de
Radio Bornheim - 2:2461/332 at fidonet +49-69-4930830  (ZyX, V34)
                 2:2461/326 at fidonet +49-69-94414444 (ISDN X.75)