W95 netlogon with profiles on server

Thomas Egrelius egge at canit.se
Tue Oct 21 11:32:10 GMT 1997

I'm having a little trouble here. I want the profiles stored on the server
and _not_ on the client at all. I've read the earlier postings here about
this, and got almost everything working.

The only thing that want work is the change of the registry.

*** The netlogon script

rem --- Set the local system clock
:time
ECHO Setting system clock...
C:\WINDOWS\NET TIME \\UNO /SET /YES

rem --- Mount the network drives
:drives
ECHO Mounting network drives...
C:\WINDOWS\NET USE H: \\UNO\HOMES
C:\WINDOWS\NET USE I: \\UNO\APPLICATIONS
C:\WINDOWS\NET USE J: \\UNO\STAFF

rem --- set the USERNAME environment variable
:username
CALL H:\username.bat
ECHO Initializing system for user %USERNAME%...
C:\WINDOWS\REGEDIT /S H:\profile.reg

*** The profile.reg (created by a root preexec in share [Homes])

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\egge]
"ProfileImagePath"="H:\\egge\\profile"

*** The username.bat (created by the root preexec in share [homes])

set USERNAME=egge

***

All this files have correct windows-linebreaks. The netlogon script says
that the registry have been changed, but it haven't. If I run the command
"regedit /s H:\profile.reg" from the dospromt after the login has
finnished, the registry _will_ be changed.

Does anyone know why the change doesn't work from the netlogon script?

--
Mvh Thomas Egrelius
Svenska Canit AB