The new domain stuff

Baldur Norddahl bbn at dark.x.dtu.dk
Mon Oct 20 20:56:32 GMT 1997

I find this new domain support very exciting, and it will become a very
usefull feature for us. But I wonder how long you are planing or hoping to
take the project. Do you think you will manage to get trust relations or
even partication in an already existing NT domain? Or are we settling for a
samba only environment, where samba won't talk to other NT domain
controllers?

Does this help figuring out how NT WINS replication works, or is that a
completly unrelated problem?

What I am dreaming about is of course a samba server that you could use to
replace an NT server in a working domain, and no one would notice. I guess
there is some way until we are there, but one can always dream :-)

Baldur