Does fix in 1.9.17p3 solve domain logon problem?

Bob Franklin R.C.Franklin at reading.ac.uk
Mon Oct 20 10:13:50 GMT 1997

Hi,

In the recent mail about 1.9.17p3, one of the fixes is:

  > 11). Crash fix for nmbd Get_Hostbyname bad return.

Would this be what is causing the domain logon failure problem (since it
has been observed restarting nmbd solves the problem)?

  - Bob

P.S.  If not, and I still get the problem, I'll mail in some log file
output... but other sites may get there before me since the problem seems
to occur more frequently with heavy load (which we don't have).

   "You know, there are people who would be unsettled by you."   -- Rob P
  Bob "Mince" Franklin ~{]                            Tel. (0118) 931 8432
  Systems and Communications                          Fax. (0118) 975 3094
  Computer Services Centre                      R.C.Franklin at reading.ac.uk
  University of Reading, U.K.         http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~mince/