multiple servers on multiple network interfaces

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Fri Oct 17 12:21:15 GMT 1997

On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, John Blair wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a question concerning running multiple copies of smbd and nmbd to
> service multiple network interfaces.  This is (currently) a hypothetical
> question, though I am considering trying it.

someone successfully set up six samba servers a few months ago (five using
socket option = x.x.x.x, one _without_ socket option = x.x.x.x), and
posted the method and the example smb.conf files to the samba digest.  it
will be in the archives.

if anyone finds it, or if the person who did this is still reading the
digest, can you post its location here?

ta!

luke