1.9.17p2/3 causing Windows95 network access hangs

Rudi Heitbaum rudi at darx.com.au
Fri Oct 17 01:30:05 GMT 1997

Problems with Samba 1.9.17p2/3.

Scenario: Linux 2.0.29 with Samba 1.9.17alpha5 with Domain logins
and Wins services to a single PC.

Under alpha5 I have no problems at all logging into the domain
and accessing server resources.

I upgrade to 1.9.17p2/3 by killing the alpha5 daemons and starting
the 1.9.17p2/3 daemons and I can still access all my resources
(no problems evident.) After restarting the Windows95 PC, I still
have no problems. But if I turn the Windows95 PC off and come back
in the morning - Domain login is slow but works, checks the profile
ok (I think.) But when I access the Network Neighbourhood or put in
\\server\resource name the Windows95 PC just sits there.

I have looked in the log files and it looks like the access to the
server and wins lookups are being performed, but I am at a loss to
why the hang on the PC side hangs.

TIA

Rudi

Below is my smb.conf
--------------------
[global]
   	password level = 2
  	workgroup = DARX
   	comment = Samba Server

   	printing = lprng
   	printcap name = /etc/printcap
  	print command = lpr -b -r -J%f -P %p %s
   	load printers = yes

   	log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
   	max log size = 50

  	short preserve case = yes
   	preserve case = yes

   	share modes = yes
   	security = user

   	socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   	socket address = 203.22.xx.xx

	os level = 31
	domain master = yes
	local master = yes
	preferred master = yes
	wins support = yes
	dns proxy = no
	domain logons = yes
	logon script = %u.bat
	logon path = \\%L\%U\profile

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes

[netlogon]
   comment = Samba Network Logon Service
   path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon
   case sensitive = no
   guest ok = yes
   locking = no
   writable = no
   browseable = no

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   browseable = no
   printable = yes
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   create mask = 0700

--
Rudi Heitbaum                Ph:  +61-3-9822 1216
Managing Director            Fax: +61-3-9822 1728