Implementing preexec

ben at samba1.nrl.navy.mil ben at samba1.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Oct 16 20:15:08 GMT 1997

Hello,

	I'm attempting to use preexec.  It appears to never be called.  I have
attempted the same command with postexec and found it works fine in all the
conditions I have attempted with preexec.  Specifically I am using the
example:

preexec = csh -s echo \"%u connected from %I\" >> /tmp/log

	I have placed this in the Global and the Homes section.  The same command
with postexec works without errors in both.

	Can anyone make any recommendations for how to make this work?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ben Fornshell

Linux 2.0.29
Samba 1.9.17p3

smb.conf
workgroup = IS
[global]
  os level = 34
  domain master = yes
  writable = yes
  invalid users = root
  preexec = csh -s echo \"%u connected from %I\" >> /tmp/log

[homes]
  guest ok = no