Password Failing

Doug Post dpost at hq.caci.com
Wed Oct 15 21:00:36 GMT 1997

Doug Post at CACI
10/15/97 05:00 PM

I currently have Samba running on HPUX 10:10 and Sun 2.5.  I am using a
Windows 95 PC to try to mount a drive to the HPUX machine.  I can mount
drives to the Sun machine using public = no in the smb.conf and entering a
proper userid and password for the Sun machine.
I can only mount an exported filesystem from the HPUX machine with the smbd
running and properly configured for that machine if I have public = yes.
When I have public = no and use a proper userid and login for the HPUX
10.10 operating system, I cannot loggin.  I have used tracing and when
trying to connect to the file system exported by samba, I can see the
user_id is correct and the password that is gettting verified is the
correct length

Checking password for user dpost (l=9)
10/15/97 16:02:16 invalid username/password for test732

 but the password will not verify.  I have tried making the password all
small letters and it still will not verify the password.
  Does anyone have any ideas?  -They would be greatly appreciated.  You can
also email me at dpost at hq.caci.com.
-Doug-