Integrating Win95 and Samba in detail

Darrin M. Gorski dgorski at ford.com
Mon Oct 13 21:29:28 GMT 1997

On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Charlie Brady wrote:

> Without 4DOS you can probably still workaround the problem of more than
> one FAT partition by walking through d:, e:, until you find an empty file
> system, and hope that will be the ramdisk. Ugly, but we are talking DOS
> here...

I've found the following method acceptable for determining where the
RAMDRIVE went (in AUTOEXEC.BAT):

for %%f in (c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k) do if exist %%f:\nul set RAMDRV=%%f

The variable RAMDRV will be set to the last readable driveletter, the
RAMDRIVE (unless you installed other device drivers that look like disk
drives).

FYI- in a batch file, you need to use %%f, on the command line, %f.

                                [Darrin]

 "I have no special gift. I am only passionately curious."
				- A. Einstein

Darrin M. Gorski, Research Computer Systems Network Support
Scientific Research Laboratories, Ford Motor Company
Internet: dgorski at ford.com | Tel/Fax: +1 (313) 248-3753