SAMBA digest 1452

Knut Hintzen knut at pcgate.thch.uni-bonn.de
Mon Oct 13 09:15:04 GMT 1997

> On Fri, 10 Oct 1997, Eloy A. Paris wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > BROWSING.txt states:
> >
> > "In an WORKGROUP environment the domain master browser must be a
> > Samba server, and there must only be one domain master browser per
> > workgroup name (although the same Samba server can act as Domain
> > master browser for multiple workgroup names)."
>
> wroonnggg...  who the hell put that in?

Hello,

I am really sorry to read this "wroonnggg...".

It would be great thing, if samba was able handle more than one
workgroup
at one time as a master.

for example if you could define:

WORKGROUP = wg1/domain-master wg2/domain-master wg3/local-master
wg4/normal-server
os level = 100/wg1 100/wg2 30/wg3 10/wg4

Knut
--
Knut Hintzen
Institut fuer Physikalische und Theoretische Chemie