[Encrypted and cleartext at the same time?]

jeckyll at usa.net jeckyll at usa.net
Sun Oct 12 10:54:25 GMT 1997

samba at samba.anu.edu.au wrote:
>> How are other people dealing with the
>> problem of keeping the system and samba passwords in sync as
>> users change them and expect the same one to work for POP, etc.?
>>
>>   Les Mikesell
>>     les at mcs.com

I think i've read messages from people who have altered /bin/passwd so it both updates the normal password file and use smbpasswd to update the samba passwords, I'm not sure about configuring samba to still use the normal password change utility even though it's running encrypted passwords, you may have to force people to change their passwords directly on the unix box.