AutoCAD R14 and Samba File Locking

Kelly Uehling kellyu at mwcad.com
Sat Oct 11 16:53:54 GMT 1997

I too am having the exact same problem with AutoCAD R14 and Samba.  We
are running samba 1.9.17p2 on a Sparc 5 w/ Solaris 2.5.1.  Clients are
running NT4 w/ SP3.  I tried turning off fast_share_modes on 1.9.17p2.
I also tried samba 1.9.16p9 to no avail.  I tried manipulating the read
size.  I spent two hours before throwing up my hands and looking to the
samba web site where I saw your message.

I previously had very good luck with AutoCAD R13 and 1.9.16p9 at my
previous job so I was very surprised when R14 and samba wouldn't work
well with each other.

I am a system administrator with no programming experience.  I will
offer any help that I can so this problem can be worked around.