VBasic FileListBox access to Samba

Jeff R. Niemand jrn at samba.fulcae.beckman.com
Thu Oct 9 16:19:40 GMT 1997

I am trying to write a Visual Basic 4.0 application in which I create a run
time list of files in a directory shared by samba.  The application works fine
for any Windows 95 or NT box but fails to generate the run-time list when I
point to any samba server.  Anyone have a clue what causes this or how to get
around it ?  It appears that the VB program doesn't recognize files on a samba
box as "files".  The directories work fine.  I'm running Samba 1.9.17p2.

				Jeff Niemand
				jrniemand at beckman.com