Automated installs (very long)

Louis Mandelstam lma at sacc.org.za
Tue Oct 7 15:49:05 GMT 1997

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997, Louis Mandelstam wrote:

> 3. Linux boots, gets IP settings using bootp, mounts a shared directory
>    from the server via NFS, jumps to a script on the share, with all the
>    necessary binaries on the server as well.  Only things such as bootpc
>    and ifconfig are on the inird on the Linux boot disk.

I'd like to add that I would recommend you use Samba/smbfs to mount the
share on the server from the install routine, rather than using NFS as I
have.  Reason I'm using NFS was due to earlier experiments which used NFS,
and I certainly intend switching to SMB when I have some spare time.

Regards

Louis Mandelstam              Tel +27 83 227-0712   Symphony  /|\   /|\
Linux systems integration     http://sr.co.za       Research {   } {   }
Johannesburg, South Africa    mailto:louis at sr.co.za (Pty)Ltd {___} {___}