Win95 Username Prompt?

Dieter Rothacker Didi at ThePentagon.com
Mon Oct 6 11:55:17 GMT 1997

[snip]
long discussion about the registry "hack" for remembering passwords

> >yes.  don't know what it is, though.  some registry setting.  check the
> >samba digest archives.
> >

> I have snooped around a little, but couldn't find much at first glance, does anyone want to
> help me out here and give me a hint as to what the key is or where I can find information
> about it?

Here's the Registry hack:

Microsoft
  Windows
    CurrentVersion
      Policies
        Network
          DisablePwdCaching 01 00 00 00

It disables the 'Save Password' so you can't do it if you wanted to. You
may
also need to remove all *.PWL files.

(originally posted by Blanton Lewis)

--
Dieter Rothacker, Student of computer science

TMTOWTDI, and the other ones are always better !