Homedir maps (+small patch)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Fri Oct 3 11:10:08 GMT 1997

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Simeon Walker wrote:

> 'net use h: /home'
>
> the PC will ask the login server where a users home is, the samba server
> (in this case) will look up the user in the NIS and return the path the the
> homes share on that machine (which has to be running samba!)

simeon,

we need to be able to specify the profile path as being on the NIS home
server, too (lp_logon_path()).  can you sort this, possibly by putting
the NIS home server as a new %% substitution macro, so that people can do
"logon path = \\%S\profiles\%U" or \\%S\%U\profiles" or
\\%S\homes\profiles or whatever, where %S is the NIS home server (if %S
is not currently used...)

luke

          environment applies the Laws of Nature to you"              </b>