Unusual [homes] configuration

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Sun Nov 23 18:32:37 GMT 1997

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Brian Gentry wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm finalizing the configuration of a samba installation on our
> main server.  I'd like to give all users access to a private area
> for each of them.  This would normally be accomplished perfectly with
> the [homes] section in smb.conf, giving each user access to their
> home directory as defined in /etc/passwd.

try using the "include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.%macro-substitution"
system.  you will be able break up your system, even by things like
NetBIOS name.

the application-based people could connect to the same samba server using
a different NetBIOS name, and have a completely different configuration
file (/usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.SAMBA-APPLIC1)

luke