SAMBA digest 1498

Gerard Hammond g.hammond at garvan.unsw.edu.au
Thu Nov 20 01:51:44 GMT 1997

>Subject: NT -> Samba
>
>I'm running Samba V1.9.16p10 on Solaris V2.5.1
>I have a mix of WIN95 & NT WS V4 clients.
>The WIN95 folks can access the files on the Sun;
>while the NT folks can't. When I started trying
>to make it work, on the NT systems I was getting
>a message something to the affect that I was
>not authorized to login from this location.
>
>i then used REGEDT32 to add
>

>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Rdr\Parameters]
>"EnablePlainTextPassword"=dword:00000001
>
>This changed the symptoms. Now Samba would only
>complain that I entered an invalid username &
>password combination.

Have you added this to the smb.conf file.
Please read up on it in the man pages.

password level = 8

Dr. Gerard Hammond
Information Technology
Garvan Institute of Medical Research
384 Victoria St                                Tel:  (02) 9295 8148
Darlinghurst NSW 2010                          Fax:  (02) 9295 8538
Australia                       email: g.hammond at garvan.unsw.edu.au

For Garvan Help try:      http://www.garvan.unsw.edu.au/ITHelp.html

"People should refrain from quoting themselves in their .signatures"
                                - Gerard Hammond, 1997