Printer redirection of old DOS Software

Darrin M. Gorski dgorski at ford.com
Tue Nov 18 16:43:31 GMT 1997

Windows95 has that built in, look at:

ControlPanel->Printers->Properties->Details->CapturePrinterPort

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Ralf Brinkmann wrote:

> On our old Novell-2.2 server  we had a program called CAPTURE
> to redirekt the printer output of DOS programs to the
> network printer. (Some old DOS programs only know LPT1:)
>
> Now i am locking for a CAPTURE replacement for our new Samba server.
>
> I tested PRINDIR Version 9.0 and LPTTOFL Version 1.0 out of a
> DOS-Box within WIN 3.11 and WIN 95.
>
> Both programs work fine with pure DOS but have timing problems
> running in a DOS Box.
>
> Has anyone an idea to solve my problem redirecting the printer
> output ?
>
> best regards
> Ralf Brinkmann

                                [Darrin]

 "I have no special gift. I am only passionately curious."
				- A. Einstein

Darrin M. Gorski, Research Computer Systems Network Support
Scientific Research Laboratories, Ford Motor Company
Internet: dgorski at ford.com | Tel/Fax: +1 (313) 248-3753