Office 97 and Samba

Michael Huttinger huttinger at ipact.com
Mon Nov 10 20:36:48 GMT 1997

We're running Office 97 and Samba (1.9.17p4) on various Windows95 PC's.
 Our samba server is a Linux box (2.0.27) acting as a domain controller
with roving profiles.  Everything seems to be fine as far as our systems
go, with nary a problem to report.

Could it possibly be a Windows95 problem?  Any service packs installed?
 Can you use Office 97 to another Windows95 PC's shared drive?

      --Mike Huttinger
Michael Huttinger                 huttinger at ipact.com
Engineer                          Phone:(219) 464-7212
IPACT, Inc.                       FAX:  (219) 462-5387
260 S. Campbell                   http://www.ipact.com
Valparaiso, IN  46385