What version am I on?

Louis Mandelstam lma at sacc.org.za
Sat Nov 8 11:37:30 GMT 1997

On Sat, 8 Nov 1997, Sam Barasch wrote:

> we are running samba on SunOS Release 4.1.3_U1.  How can I tell what
> version we are on?
>
> It is not the latest version, so I am not too sure.

Just run smbstatus on the server - top line gives the version number.

I think the default Samba server description text includes the version
number, so if nobody changed that when installing Samba, you should be
able to see it in the server description field, from the client side.

Regards

Louis Mandelstam              Tel +27 83 229-0712   Symphony  /|\   /|\
Linux systems integration     http://sr.co.za       Research {   } {   }
Johannesburg, South Africa    mailto:louis at sr.co.za (Pty)Ltd {___} {___}