Samba broken again - any ideas?

Bryan Maggard maggard at spindletop.tamu.edu
Fri Nov 7 15:57:44 GMT 1997

At 08:27 PM 11/7/97 +1100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at switchboard.net> wrote:

>hm.  interesting.  has anyone else had similar reliability problems with
>Solaris 2.5.1?  have you got any patches applied?

We have 2.5.1 with only security related patches applied.  We have recently
discovered the symptoms of some memory leaks which appear to be OS related.
The symptoms were pitiful performance and failure to load large images caused
by limited available RAM and limited available swap.  So our GB of total
memory was down to 10% of that.

We plan to try patching up, or moving to 2.6.  We also plan to separate
swap and /tmp which are by default together (by modifying vfstab).