Connecting to samba-1.9.17p4 as non-administrator

Jim Watt jimw at pe-nelson.com
Tue Nov 4 03:19:15 GMT 1997

--On Friday, October 31, 1997, 1:01 PM +1100 "Ernie Oporto" <ernie_oporto at MENTORG.COM> wrote:

} I have a Win95 machine that I am trying to connect to a Samba share.  When I
} log in as administrator, I can connect to any and all samba shares just
} fine.  When I log onto the PC as a normal user, it asks for a password and
} rejects them all.  The logs say "server xyz rejected password" for each of
} these attempts.  This server has SP3 and I *do* have the encryption stuff
} compiled in.  I am using "security=server".
}
} This used to work fine with samba-1.9.17, but since upgrading my normal
} users can't log in.  I have the encryption stuff compiled and configured
} right as far as 1.9.17 is concerned.  Were there any configuration changes
} between 1.9.17 and 1.9.17p1?  Anything after (and including) 1.9.17p1 has
} not worked for me because of this.
}

Are these users who used to connect as "nobody"?  If so, take a look
at the file source/local.h.  I had to change GUEST_SESSSETUP to 2
before I got the behavior I wanted for guest users!  This acts
differently in this release!

Jim
--
Jim Watt                                 jimw at PE-Nelson.COM
Perkin-Elmer Corporation                 Voice (desk): +1 408 577 2228