FW: Question about carraige-return/line feed

Mark Brazil - In Quest mark at quest.ie
Wed Jul 30 19:57:00 GMT 1997

Thanks Duncan for the quick response.

The problem we're having is related to files being created on Win95 and
copied to Unix rather than it being a printing issue. What we need is a
facility to take any text files saved on a Samba drive and convert them
automatically. At present we can use dtox (Sco Os/5) or dostounix (Other
variants of Unix) but we would like to automate this process. Too see the
problem create a file using notepad and save it to the unix drive. Then
using vi open the file and the carriage-return line feeds are all over
the file. We want to replace these automatically. Being new users to
samba we have searched everywhere without too much luck.

Thanks in advance, if you solve this I'll send you a pint of Guinness.

Mark.
Mark Brazil
mark at quest.ie