Samba Shared Quicken files

Roeland M.J. Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Tue Jul 29 11:21:40 GMT 1997

Hello all,

I have a recently discovered problem. It's creating a crisis.

Most of my local GL is in Quicken. The Quicken data directory i on a Samba
share on one of my Linux boxen. I am running p11. I use "force user" and
"force group" to make sure that any entries are made under the same
permissions and uuid. The "ledger" directory is shared out to two
workstations, but both work on the same files, however, not simultaneously
(I'm not *that* brave!).

The problem is;
Accounting entries which are entered on one workstation do not show when
accessed from the other workstation.

Known problem, Intuit does NOT support LAN sharing of Quicken Data files.

Roeland M.J. Meyer (RM993)
e-mail:		rmeyer at mhsc.com
web pages:	http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer