Amanda 2.3.0.5-Samba 1.9.16p11 PC backups...

Ernie Oporto ernie_oporto at MENTORG.COM
Fri Jul 25 18:51:56 GMT 1997

At the bottom is what I got returned from AMANDA 2.3.0.5 after patching
Samba 1.9.16p11  to give estimates.  Any idea what I might not have done yet?

My disklist reads:
shokk   \\thor\depot    nocomp-user-gnutar

To connect successfully to that server with smbclient, I have to do this,
giving the same password that I now have in /etc/amandapass:
smbclient \\\\THOR\\DEPOT -U BACKUP

Also, the smbclient call only seems to be working for NT servers.  All of
the Win95 machines reject the connection.  The Win95 machines are set to
User-level access control to the same server that samba is running on.

>From: root (SysAdmin)
>Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 12:42:02 -0400
>To: ernie_oporto
>Subject: Amanda P0 AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR July 25, 1997
>
>*** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [no tape online].
>*** PERFORMED ALL DUMPS AS INCREMENTAL DUMPS TO HOLDING DISK.
>
>THESE DUMPS WERE TO DISK.  Flush them onto a new tape.
>Tonight's dumps should go onto 1 tape: a new tape.
>
>FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>  shokk      \\thor\depot lev 0 FAILED [no estimate or historical data]
>

>STATISTICS:
>                          Total       Full      Daily
>                        --------   --------   --------
>Dump Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00   (0:00 start, 0:00
idle)
>Output Size (meg)           0.0        0.0        0.0
>Original Size (meg)         0.0        0.0        0.0
>Avg Compressed Size (%)     --         --         --
>Tape Used (%)               0.0        0.0        0.0
>Filesystems Dumped            0          0          0
>Avg Dump Rate (k/s)         --         --         --
>Avg Tp Write Rate (k/s)     --         --         --
>

>NOTES:
>  planner: Adding new disk shokk:\\thor\depot.
>  driver: WARNING: got empty schedule from planner
>

>DUMP SUMMARY:
>                                      DUMPER STATS                  TAPER
STATS
>HOSTNAME  DISK           L  ORIG-KB   OUT-KB COMP%  MMM:SS   KB/s  MMM:SS
 KB/s
>shokk     \\thor\depot   0   FAILED
>
>(brought to you by Amanda version 2.3.0.5)

-Ernie
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/9276
   _____/           ____         /        /Ernie "Shokk" Oporto-SysAdmin