Can I browse the network through PPP?

Eloy A. Paris eparis at ven.ra.rockwell.com
Thu Jul 24 21:58:54 GMT 1997

Hi,

I am using Windows 95 dial-up networking to connect to a Samba box (the
Samba box is a PPP server). I am having problems to browse the Network
Neighborhood in Windows 95 and I do not why. The problem is random:
sometimes I see computers and sometimes I don't.

I have read the BROWSING.txt document and tried several smb.conf settings
but nothing seems to help.

When I connect using Ethernet I can see everything in Network Neighborhood,
the problem is only when I connect through PPP and only with browsing
(when connected through PPP I can use Find Computer and it'll find any
computer I try.)

Any hints?

Thanks,

E.-