Print Jobs

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at cb1.com
Thu Jul 24 20:43:35 GMT 1997

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Robert E. Lee wrote:

> When sending print jobs back to back .. say 5 times or so .. sometimes a
> character or two get droped .. causing the printout to be some what
> garbled. This happens from NT as well ... heh .. which is really fun when
> they're printing postscript .. cause when the 1st character or so is
> droped from a postscript print job .. it's postscript commands are printed
> out as ascii.

umm.... you wouldn't _happen_ to be using a solaris or sunos box, would you?

if so, you might have some more info on the nature of a bug that's been
plaguing samba for about 18 months.

about... three or four people have reported that print jobs get
corrupted, when sent to postscript printers, from sunos and solaris
machines.  this includes pi (who are using a modified 1.9.15p8 to compile
under cc).

we have to make sure that the print queue is empty, before sending a
document.  it also corrupts at about page 17-25...

luke