SAMBA digest 1365 and SPAM

Roeland M.J. Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Thu Jul 24 11:26:16 GMT 1997

Hello to the list,

It seems that we have a leak. Someone is posting SPAM on this list. Since
the headers are not being propogated we can not really tell where it's
comming from.

I would suggest that we not respond by quoting the FULL TEXT from the SPAM,
however. This seems counter-productive, unless we LIKE repeating the
SPAMers message for them. I would think that someone, in an EDU, would be
sharp enough to realize this.

At 11:20 PM 7/24/97 +0000, you wrote:
>			    SAMBA Digest 1365
>
>For information on unsubscribing and on what is appropriate to post to
>this list see ftp://samba.anu.edu.au/pub/lists/samba.txt
>
>Topics covered in this issue include:

>  2) Free Money Making Software!
>	by MegaMoneyMakers at t-1net.com

>  8) Re: Free Money Making Software!
>	by Fred Pishotta <Pishotta.Fred at Mayo.Edu>

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 06:53:32 -0500
>From: MegaMoneyMakers at t-1net.com
>To: MegaMoneyMakers at t-1net.com
>Subject: Free Money Making Software!

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 00:03:36 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Fred Pishotta <Pishotta.Fred at Mayo.Edu>
>To: Multiple recipients of list <samba at arvidsjaur.anu.edu.au>
>Subject: Re: Free Money Making Software!
>

>I keep a 10 megabyte file of earnest entreaty to stop sending such
>messages, that I send back to these bozos. I send them about 10-20 copies
>each, just to make sure they get it.  Maybe a terrabyte or two of such
>requests will make them think twice.

>On Thu, 24 Jul 1997 MegaMoneyMakers at t-1net.com wrote:

      Morgan Hill Software Company, Inc.
                    Colorado Springs, CO - Livermore, CA - Morgan Hill, CA

              Domain Administrator (MHSC2-DOM)
                               Administrative and Technical contact
InterNIC Id:	Roeland M.J. Meyer (RM993)
e-mail:		hostmaster at mhsc.com