SAMBA digest 1365

Mark Backes mark at improtech.co.za
Thu Jul 24 17:40:56 GMT 1997

Hello Everyone

Before I start, I would just like to mention that a few weeks ago, I had
never used Linux or Samba before and thanks to a friend (calvin) of mine
and the man pages that came with linux and Samba I have now decided to
have our 8 WAN NT servers replaced with linux and samba. Just saying
thank you for the great work on the man pages and keep it up.

But here I am Stuck.
I have one NT primary domain controler ( OUTLAW ) and am running samba
as a server attached to this domain.
I can only connect to the share udrive and vdrive but cant seem to be
able to copy files to or from the directory from 95 client unless i make
the user i connect as root equivilent in the username map file.

If I could i would like to not use a username map file and let
everything be orthenticated by the NT-server. I would also like to know
if it is possable to assign group rights for individual files inside a
samba share so that only certain groups from a NT-server would have read
only writes, but where one person could belong to more than one group.

Thats all for now.
Thanks Mark