cd-rom drive for linux

Hongwei Li hongwei at morpheus.wustl.edu
Wed Jul 23 19:11:30 GMT 1997

Hi,
I have a question about cd-rom for linux system.  Although it is not
related to samba directly, I believe many people in this group are
expert about linux and may give me correct answer.  I am going to buy a
pc to install linux (the most recent slackware one).  My question is: do
I need a scsi cd-rom drive to install and run linux on the machine?  is
the regular one enough? -- if yes, I can save some money; if no, I have
to order a scsi cd-rom.  I checked web site and some sources, but got
confused.
I appreciate any help!
Hongwei Li