MMap failed with code 22

Dave Corsar DaveCorsar at compuserve.com
Fri Jul 18 09:42:40 GMT 1997

We have been using samba since 1995 and have found it superb, Thanks to
all. Recently
I built Samba1.19.17alpha4 on a DECstation 5000 running Ultrix 4.4 and
included -DFAST_SHARE_MODES
This results in
        UIST>smbclient -L UIST
        Session request failed (0,0) with myname=UIST destname=UIST
        Unspecified error 0x0
        Your server software is being unfriendly
and
         ERROR smb_shm_open : mmap failed with code 22 in smb.conf
The lockfiles are held locally NOT on an NFS partition.
Error 22 = EINVAL
from manpages
     [EINVAL]  You did not specify either MAP_SHARED or MAP_FIXED in the
               flags argument.

     [EINVAL]  You did not specify either PROT_READ or PROT_WRITE in the
prot
               argument.

     [EINVAL]  The file descriptor, fd, is not a valid file descriptor for
               character device.
This problem was previously raised in DIgest 1327
> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 01:51:52 GMT
> From: David Binette <dbin at sce.de>
> To: samba at arvidsjaur.anu.edu.au
> Subject: smb_shm_open  mmap failed with code 22
> from /usr/local/samba/log/log.
> ERROR smb_shm_open : mmap failed with code 22
> ERROR smb_shm_open : mmap failed with code 22

But no-one seems to have come up with a solution, has anyone any ideas?

Dave Corsar
Roads & Transport
The Highland Council
Inverness