MetaMessage: Jessica Mydek, advertisements, etc...

Eric Bennett bennett at hpl.umces.edu
Tue Jul 15 12:26:17 GMT 1997

On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Karl J Auer wrote:

> Regardless of that, such a message had/has no place on a list devoted to the
> discussion of Samba.
>
> Please do NOT use this list for ANY purpose other than the discussion of Samba,
> no matter how worthy the cause may seem.

I have a *slight* suspicion that the offenders will never read this, and
indeed probably don't know that they've sent a message to a mailing
list. The samba list has probably just made it onto one of the spam lists
which people have been hawking lately.

Is one of the following options possible?

1)  Messages from non-list members are forwarded to a worthy soul(s) for
    review before being placed on the list.

2)  Non-members who send to the list get a message explaining how to
    subscribe/unsubscribe.

I think that would eliminate the ads.  What is the percentage of posters
who are not list members?

	Eric B.