NT Password

F. G. P. fgp at fgp.atnet.at
Wed Dec 31 14:05:28 GMT 1997

Hi

I have the same problem - NT always asks for the password again, when
connecting to a share for the first time.
	If NT used the user-password automatically for the share, it would
send the user-passowrd (clear-text to a samba-server!!) over the net.
This, together with ip-spoofing could be easily used to get user-passwords
from an nt-machine. I think this is way NT aks for the password a second
time. Maybe the behavior can be changed by editing the registry.

					mfg, fgp