no password for IPC$

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Tue Dec 23 19:52:43 GMT 1997

ok, i've attempted running the latest version of the code (to be
1.9.18alpha15 or a main release, soon).

it runs fine with the following smb.conf file.
config: freebsd 2.1 stable.  guest account "nobody", uid 65534.

; these are here because freebsd is terminally slow without them.
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY IPTOS_THROUGHPUT

   wins support = yes

   encrypt passwords = yes
;  debug level = 1
   security = user
   load printers = yes
   printing = bsd
   printcap name = /etc/printcap

   workgroup = cb1
   domain sid = S-1-5-21-123-456-789-124
   logon script = %U.bat
   logon path = \\%L\%U\profile

   case sensitive = no
   preserve case = yes
   short preserve case = yes

;  This next option sets a separate log file for each client. Remove
;  it if you want a combined log file.
   log file = /usr/local/samba/log.%m

;  You will need a world readable lock directory and "share modes=yes"
;  if you want to support the file sharing modes for multiple users
;  of the same files
   lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
   share modes = yes
   locking = yes
   oplocks = yes

;   read prediction = yes

   os level = 33
   preferred master = yes
   domain logons = yes
   domain master = yes

   dns proxy = no
   wins proxy = no

; equivalent and absolutely identical to public = yes
   guest ok = yes

[homes]

   comment = Home Directories
   read only = no
   create mode = 0750
   browseable = yes

[NETLOGON]

   path = /usr/local/samba/netlogon
   browseable = yes

; essential parameters to protect netlogon shares.
   read only = yes
   share modes = no
   locking = no
   oplocks = no
   guest ok = no

[applications]

   comment = CB1 Applications
   path = /usr/local/applications
   read only = yes
   guest ok = no

   share modes = no
   locking = no
   oplocks = no

[Mac_Apps]

   comment = CB1 Mac Applications
   path = /usr/local/mac_apps
   read only = yes
   guest ok = no

   share modes = no
   locking = no
   oplocks = no

include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.%U

[tmp]

   comment = Temporary file space
   path = /tmp
   read only = yes