Password Synchronization NT -> UNIX

Jeremy Allison jallison at whistle.com
Tue Dec 23 17:09:23 GMT 1997

BERG Dietmar/BIS-C wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a question regarding password synchronization: Has anyone already
> written code to use the "Password filter" hook on NT to capture and
> synchronize
> passwords from NT to a UNIX-Server? It should not be too difficult, but
> I want
> to avoid re-inventing the wheel.
>
> TIA, Dietmar Berg

Dietmar,

	Yes - I wrote such code as part of Cygnus's Kerberos-on-NT
product (KerbNet) - it's available as full source code
from cygnus (check out www.cygnus.com). It's not currently
exportable from the US though due to the insanity of the
US government :-(.

Hope this helps,

	Jeremy Allison.
	Samba Team.